Colorado Trip

My Dad and Mom had planned a trip to Colorado to see Kyle (my sister's son), get baptized.  They said I could come with them and I thought it would be a good time to go, because once I have this baby I don't think I'll be going anywhere for a while and I had never been to Colorado or seen my sister's house.  So Ethan, Austin, and I piled in the back and headed to Colorado on the 12th.  I forgot I get a little car sick when I'm pregnant and I'm not the one driving, and the air conditioning kept going out, but besides the driving there and back it was a great time!  :)  They live in a community that has a pool so we we went over to the pool a couple of times.  
Mom, Austin, Ethan, and Vanessa
Kyle and Ethan, (they are just over a month apart)
Joshua and Kyle.  Joshua is my cousin Jenny's son.  They came down for the baptism from Colorado Springs.
Taking my "no exercise" advice from the doctor very seriously! :)
A little bit of wii
Kyle has a collection of koala bears...here are a few!  I would get up early to work, and not much later Kyle would come down and wait for everyone to wake up.  
Baptism day.  Kyle with his parents, Gina and Darren
Kyle and his sister, Vanessa.
Grandpa and Grandma Newman with Kyle
Ethan, Austin, and I with Kyle
Ethan, Joshua, Kyle, Austin, Vanessa, and Lena
My parents with Kyle
Jenny and Corey with Kyle
His baptism was very nice.  My mom gave a great talk on the Holy Ghost.  Kyle had another kid in his ward getting baptized, so that kid's grandpa gave a nice talk as well, and then Gina had me play the piano.  Afterward we all went back to Gina's house and had a yummy BBQ and went swimming.  Gina gave me these adorable baby girl clothes!!! It makes me very excited to dress her. :)

Gina's house.....well the part that fit in the picture :)
On Monday we decided to go up to Estes Park and check it out.  This first picture you can't really see them, but there are a ton of chipmunks running around.  They come right up to you and aren't even afraid.  They would even eat out of your hand!

We went to the Stanley Hotel.  It is a historic hotel, but also the hotel where they filmed a lot of the movie, 'Dumb and Dumber'.
Can you see the elk?  They actually had elk just wandering around the front of the hotel......no fence between....
Original elevator still in use
Eating at a local pizza joint.

It was a fun relaxing trip!  Thanks Gina and Darren for letting us come and stay with you!  We drove home Tuesday the 17th.  We took a few pictures when we stopped in Vail, Colorado.
 








0 comments:

Post a Comment

"Memory is a child walking along a seashore. You never can tell what small pebble it will pick up and store away among its treasured things." ~Pierce Harris
 
Copyright 2009 The Niven Clan All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes